Monday, September 10, 2012

Where Are All The Veggies in these Shopping Trips??

You've likely noticed that, in all our eating healthy, I sure haven't bought much produce lately...

None last week...


















Only peaches and Watermelon the week before...













There were the peaches and strawberries recently, and the can of green beans...
Oh - and I did buy a salad kit for $0.99 that I didn't tell you about...
but we haven't bought much. I assure you though, we are eating fresh veggies - even fruits! Gotta love harvest season! We've received free apples, corn, tomatoes and beets.

Our own garden has provided some bounty too, and is still going!  Here's what we pulled out yesterday:


They're not the handsome-est cobs I've ever seen, but they'll be okay :) (The basket has hazelnuts in it btw. Found them in a bush right across the road!) 

I'm not sure what we'll do when all the garden produce is gone, but I'll cross that bridge when we come to it :)

Soon I'll have the meal plan up... maybe we'll have corn on the cob tonight :)


.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!