Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homemade Ranch Dressing



Oh yes. I'm going totally overboard. But I love knowing I'm not feeding my family as many chemicals, 'modified' food ingredients and other engineered oddities. There's just something so peaceful about that... 


That reminds me.  Weeks back, I'd gone into a natural store. I was looking for natural snacks ... in a box. A friend reminded me that a natural snack might be, say... a carrot? Yeah. Still thinking inside the box, but I'm working on it.


Back to homemade dressing. If you're not on board with the whole 'natural' thing, this is still a great recipe for any ranch dressing emergency, or if you just want to try something different. 


Enjoy!


Homemade Ranch Dressing




1 tbsp      parsley
1 cup       mayonaise (homemade if you prefer
to taste    vinegar (I use 1/2-1 tsp)
to taste    worcestershire sauce
to taste    dill (lemon dilly dip mix from Epicure works)
to taste    sugar

1/2 cup    sour cream (shoot! I just realized sour cream has 'modified
                                   milk ingredients' and 'modified cornstarch' 
                                   and other 'engineered oddities'. Oh well...)

Mix and enjoy! 




.

1 comment:

  1. You can make all sorts of interesting dressings from mayonaise, and various vinegars (I stock balsamic, apple cider, and rice alongside my white vinegar). My sis in law made one today from rice vinegar (a little bit) and mayo with dijon mustard and epicures herb and garlic dip mix. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I love to hear how you save money and time. Please share your tips, techniques and advice so we can all benefit and, hopefully, help each other to become better stewards of what we have :)

Go Ahead and Share The Work Here!